Clean & Seal Exposed Aggregate
Water Based Sealers Pty Ltd, Recommendations for cleaning, oxide colour stabilizer & sealing exposed aggregate (2 day process)
“Changing the way the World Seals Concrete”
Clean and Seal Exposed Aggregate (Cleaning & first coat Pro Polish 770)
- Remove the bulk of surface debris using high pressure water only with the use of a hard surface rotary cleaner, the reason is to remove the majority of surface debris prior to the application of a strong surface cleaner that can unintentionally transform the bulk surface debris into a thinner viscosity staining material, making the cleaning action harder and more time consuming to accomplish
- Using a hard surface rotary cleaner, clean manageable sections at a time and fully rinse the area prior to moving on to the next section.
- Clean and rinse the entire area with high pressure water only
- Apply on the wet semi cleaned surface a Heavy Duty Degreaser and agitate the surface with a medium soft broom for at least 10 minutes to stimulate the cleaning solution and to increase chemical emulsification, this step is where the majority of the cleaning action takes place
- Fully rinse the area
- Repeat step 2 and 3
- Apply Pro-Polish 770 at a 1:4 ratio onto the entire surface and allow to cure over night,
This will bring out the gloss in the aggregate and increase the holding power of the concrete to the aggregate. Resulting in more water-repellent primed concrete, a major sealing advancement for exposed aggregate care
Clean and Seal Exposed Aggregate (Final seal coat application)
- Medium-pressure rinse the area
- Apply Pro-Seal 896 as directed 1:4 standard finish, 1:3 higher gloss finish
This will provide superior oil/chemical/natural stain resistance, non-yellowing
UV Resistance, and lower cleaning maintenance 3 -5 Year Service-Life
- Clean up with water
- Allow proper cure time: 24 – 48 hours Foot Traffic
5 – 7 Days Vehicle Traffic
Clean and Seal Sandstone using WBS products Pro Polish 770 & Pro Seal 896
Old sandstone cleaning and sealing methods were drawn out processes because most oil based products require a completely dry surface to apply. Pressure cleaning with water is the only effective way to clean hard surfaces. Hence the problem!
Water Based Sealers products have to be applied to a wet surface, so now sealing sandstone is a much easier process.
Pressure clean the sandstone areas thoroughly with water soluble degreasers and cleaning products. While the sandstone surface is still wet, apply the Pro Polish 770. Be sure to broom out and puddles that may form. This first coat sealer will enhance the natural colour of the sandstone.
Rinse the area sealed with the Pro Polish 770 the previous day with water. Apply the Pro Seal 896 to the wet surface and broom out any puddles to the drier areas. You can walk on the surface whilst completing these processes, be sure to broom out footprints on your way off the surface.
Water Based Sealers products require an application to a wet surface. This is a massive point of difference and time-saving solution for contractors who would normally have to come back after the cleaned surface is dry enough to treat using oil or silica-based products.
If you are a contractor or builder, schedule a free demo, seeing is believing!
Clean and Seal Contractor Explains How Pro Seal 896 Has Improved His Business
Operating a business in the high-pressure cleaning and sealing industry is hard work. Almost anyone can buy a pressure cleaner and have a go. This diluted market makes it tough for an established, fully insured business to compete on price alone. As such it’s critical to cut out cost wherever practical and you need to build a good reputation so people are willing to pay more to get a better result.
At Mr Blastit sealing is a big part of our business. In the early days, the majority of our sealing was done using solvent-based sealers. To do a solvent seal properly requires that the paving is completely dry. If there is residual moisture in the substrate the seal will go milky and it will not soak into the surface so adhesion will be compromised. This requirement meant that we had to leave cleaned surfaces sometimes for several days before it was dry enough to seal. Often during this drying period, the surface would get dirty again and more cleaning would be required, followed by more drying, etc. Further, doing a decent outdoor seal job with solvents in winter proved almost impossible because some shaded areas never got dry enough.
To get around this problem we experimented with a number of different types of water-based seals. Most of these are breathable and as such moisture won’t make them go milky. However, like the solvent based products they required dry surfaces to suck in the seal to enable sufficient adhesion. We also found that the quality of many traditional water-based products was questionable in terms of stain resistance, water repellency and durability.
That was until we tried Pro Seal 896. This product was a revelation! It has completely changed the way we do business. We now seal as soon as the surface is clean. No more waiting for concrete to dry, no more return trips, no more post-clean stains and no more stress! We can even seal all through winter without fear. The attached is a before and after photo of a clean and seal job completed on a cold June day with light intermittent showers.
Application of the Pro Seal 896 with the CSU is quicker and easier than anything else on the market. Water helps the sealer to penetrate deep into the surface and floods all cracks, gaps and control joints to make sure everything is completely sealed. Better yet the sealer quality is exceptional. It will block out just about anything you can throw at it. Best of all, in the three years that we have been using Pro Seal 896, we have never been called back on account of a seal failure.
Pro Seal 896 has enabled us to
- significantly reduce labour and travel costs
- eliminate callbacks and costs for remedial work that was often required for solvent seal failures
- price our services more competitively due to these cost savings
- Improve our profit margins
- Boost our customer satisfaction and our business reputation
If you are in the clean and seal business do yourself a favour and switch to Pro Seal 896 to save yourself a lot of headaches and a lot of money.
Clean & Seal Concrete Same Day
Concrete sealing on a wet surface
Pro Seal 896 is applied to a wet surface. Clean and seal concrete process is unique to Water Based Sealers Pty Ltd. Pressure cleaning and sealing in most cases, is a come back another day and seal once the surface is dry.
Pressure cleaning, sealing and resealing is now an easy application thanks to Pro Seal 896 and the commercial spray unit developed by Water Based Sealers Pty Ltd!
Remember Pro Seal 896 saves pressure cleaning contractors valuable time and money:
- No need for disposable rollers and ancillary items
- Cleaning and sealing concrete and natural stone is now a same day operation
- Save time and petrol returning to complete recently cleaned jobs