Water Based Sealers – Pro Polish 770 Grout Binder
Grouting your polished concrete is usually a tough gig. To really get a great polished concrete surface finish, you need to grout the slab. People do grouting many different ways. When I polished concrete the following process usually results in a smooth finish.
- grind the surface to the desired finish (salt and pepper or full stone exposure)
- Finish with an 80 grit cut finish
- Some people spray densifier before grouting
- Mix Pro Polish 770 at 4 parts water: 1 part concentrate
- Make sure the surface is nice and wet before pouring your binder and brooming evenly around.
- You need to run your machine over the surface to create a paste from the binder and the concrete dust, this will be massaged into the surface
- Once the paste is thick and creamy and you have full coverage you can then scrape off the excess grout
- If the concrete is really porous, you may need to repeat the process.
- Let the surface dry and then cut the surface back with 50 to 100 grit ceramic style diamond pucks.
- Once all the topical grout is removed and the floor is clean and blemish free, apply your densifier and start the polishing process