Wet Surface Concrete Sealer - Pro Seal 896Same Day Concrete Sealing Info - How to Videos...
New Concrete Sealer Technology – Same Day on a Wet Surface!
100% UV Stable Acrylic | Non-Flammable | Non-Toxic | No Acid Wash | Water Clean Up | Eco-Friendly | User-Friendly
Pro Seal 896 – Commercial Cure-Assist Sealing
Exclusive to Water Based Sealers Pty Ltd
What is Cure-Assist Sealing?
Water Based Sealers Cure-Assist Sealing combines two very important processes into one easy application.
An essential ingredient in all concrete curing reactions is water. Without water, the curing reactions stop. The longer the water is retained in the slab, the more complete the curing and the stronger the concrete will be. A very slow drying slab will not only be stronger but will have fewer surface cracks, because as the water leaves the slab shrinks. If this process is fast the concrete has not developed enough strength yet to withstand the shrinkage and cracks develop.
Traditionally curing was accomplished by flooding, but in recent times the application of curing compounds is much more common. There are many different types but all of them need to be completely removed before a final sealant can be applied.
A concrete seal is a physical barrier that protects and enhances the surface of the concrete. Most sealers require a slab to be completely dry before they can be applied. This means, in best practice, a slab cannot be sealed until at least 28 days after it is poured. There are some ‘same day’ sealers available, but these sacrifice long-term performance for moisture tolerance and are a temporary seal at best.
Water Based Sealers products are based on revolutionary technology that enables them to be applied to very wet surfaces. They use the water as a conduit to penetrate deep into the concrete to create a long-lasting matrix seal that cannot peel or flake.
This affinity for water allows WBS sealers to be applied to freshly poured slabs without compromising on the sealer longevity or performance.
Applying WBS sealers to a fresh slab will not just seal the surface it will also lock in the water needed for the slab to effectively cure. We call this Moisture Retention Technology (MRT).
Cure-Assist Sealing is an easy, time saving and cost-effective method of achieving super-strong concrete that is protected from stains from day one. It will minimize surface cracks, dusting concrete efflorescence and damage due to cleaning operations. This ensures the decorative concrete is kept off the defect list and has been used successfully in commercial applications throughout Australia for over 5 years.
Within the first 90 days, MRT Treated concrete will have a different visual appearance compared to unsealed concrete.
What to Expect:
- MRT Treated concrete will look moisture patchy when it rains or is rinsed with water. This is a visual confirmation of MRT in progress. This effect is more noticeable on darker oxide coloured concrete but will stabilise itself with time.
- This moisture patchiness will slowly subside and even out as both the concrete and the sealers cure together, multiple coats of sealer will increase the settling time (slower moisture loss) but will offer more benefits to the concrete in the long term.
- During the first 20-30 days, the concrete and the sealers will cure in unison. Pro Polish 770 will Super-Plasticise the top layer of the concrete for increased strength, while the Pro Seal 896 will form a tight crosslinking acrylic seal to provide outstanding stain resistance.
- The Surface can be driven on after 5 days.
- Black tyre marks may still appear but they will not embed into the concrete surface and can be easily cleaned off or will dissipate by themselves with normal exposure to the elements.
- Re-Seal every 3-5 years for best results.
- Allow 5 days curing time prior to vehicle traffic.
- DO NOT High-Pressure Clean concrete over 3000 psi.
- Clean with soap & water and medium-pressure rinsing.
Concrete Sealing, Cure Assist & Stain Protect
• Seal new plain concrete the day it’s laid.
• Increases new concrete strength with cure assist technology, certified 34% more Moisture Retention!
• Pressure clean and re-seal old decorative concrete, exposed aggregate & natural stone all in one day.
• Quicker turnaround for high traffic areas, just clean and seal on a wet surface.
• The new standard for exposed aggregate sealing ‘Same Day Lay and Spray’. No more acid wash!
• EXCLUSIVELY FORMULATED and DEVELOPED by WBS in Australia, for Australian conditions over 10 Years
• Reduce your ‘Safe Work Method Statements’ documentation by eliminating VOC’s and flammables
• Reduce labour time, going back expenses and disposable residual costs $$$
Pro Seal 896 Mixing Instructions
1) Mix concentrated Pro-Seal 896 well before use
2) Mix ratio is 1 part Pro-Seal 896 to 4 parts water
3) Mix this solution well without aeration
4) Application rate is 5 m2 per litre
5) As soon as the concrete is hard enough to walk on (immediately after surface finishing, i.e. broom or steel finishing) apply the Hydro-Barrier (thin layer of water on the surface)
6) Apply Pro-Seal 896 onto the wet surface at the specified application rate.
7) Allow laying undisturbed for a minimum of 5- 20 minutes depending on sun and wind conditions.
8) Using a medium/soft bristle broom lightly broom out any puddling that occurs in uneven sections of the slab
9) Allow drying clear before applying the second coat if required. The first coat will retard the penetration of the second coat and more product will stay on the surface to create an acrylic microfilm. This microfilm will increase the appearance and performance of the sealer.
10) Allow 24 hours curing for foot traffic 5 days for vehicle traffic.
Need a really fast applicator? Check out the videos to see our amazing CSU (Commercial Spray Unit) in action.
Instructions for sealing Oxide Coloured Concrete New and Old
1) Sealing oxide coloured concrete is NOT the same day lay and spray process.
2) New oxide coloured concrete should stand for 48 to 72 hours depending on how dark or the quality of the oxide product used
3) Clean the surface of the concrete with water (do not use high-pressure cleaners on new concrete)
4) While the surface is wet, apply the first coat of Pro Polish 770 at 4:1, this is a colour stabilizer for sealing oxide concrete
5) The following day, lightly rinse the surface with water to make clean.
6) Apply Pro Seal 896 at 4:1 to the clean damp surface.
7) Be sure to wait around to make sure no puddles form, and if there is puddling, broom the puddles out to the drier areas of the surface until absorbed and dry.
Sealed Concrete verses Unsealed Concrete
Sealed Sandstone verses Unsealed Sandstone
Pro Seal 896 Instructional Mixing Video
Preparation, Cleaning & Applying on a Wet Surface
Cleaning and sealing old & new coloured concrete & driveway toppings, WBS 2 step process
Cleaning and Sealing Sandstone
ProSeal 896 Concrete Sealer Prevents Efflorescence
Another common issue for curing concrete is the development of efflorescence. Pro Seal 896 prevents efflorescence both during curing and throughout the life of the slab. Efflorescence is the result of liquid water migrating to the surface. As this water evaporates it leaves behind any salts that were dissolved in it. The moisture retention properties of the Pro Seal 896 significant reduce the transmission of water to the surface. Any moisture that gets through does so as a vapour, not a liquid, so it contains no salts. As such efflorescence ceases to be an issue.
ProSeal 896 Concrete Sealer Incompatible with Aliphatic Alcohols
Aliphatic Alcohol is not required when utilising the Pro Seal 896 ‘Same Day Lay and Spray’ process. Pro Seal 896 is chemically incompatible with aliphatic alcohol and the two cannot be used together. If aliphatic alcohol has been used inadvertently or its use is mandatory in the design specification, do not use Pro Seal 896 until curing is completed and all traces of the aliphatic alcohol are removed. Residuals will limit penetration of Pro Seal 896 into the concrete surface. Please contact us if you require further information.
New Oxide Coloured Concrete may have Surfactants in the mix can react with Pro Seal 896. Same day sealing process is not recommended, always allow 48 hours before sealing colour oxide treated newly laid concrete. Before you seal, rinse the colour concrete surface thoroughly with water before sealing with Pro Polish 770 (first coat) day 1 and final coat the next day with Pro Seal 896.
Pro Seal 896 – Wet Surface Application, Changing the Way the World Seals Concrete!
Smarter Concreters use Pro Seal 896
Paul from Nu Design Concrete is a concrete installation contractor on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. He has a small family and time is very important for him & his wife. Storing toxic & flammable products was always a concern for Paul and going back to acid wash and seal was always a headache. Paul and his builders are really excited about the performance of Pro Seal 896 and the results it helps them achieve. Stronger concrete and stain protection from other trades gives peace of mind. Eco friendly Pro Seal 896 contributes to a healthy lifestyle, free from the stress of outdated toxic products and time consuming old school products and practices.